Welcome to my blogspot!

This blog is the virtual space where I share the thoughts and insights I receive when I'm talking with or listening to God, meditating on His Word, or simply admiring His creation. My hope is to encourage, challenge and inspire you to move toward a deeper relationship with the God of the bible.

A bonified people person, I can't help but invite you to share your heart's responses.

Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Irresponsbility Epidemic

Irresponsibility has gotten ridiculous and grown to epidemic proportions. The latest news regarding Senator John Edwards and my own mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick, who just keeps making one irresponsible choice after another, are testaments to this disheartening reality. Since I wrote How to Respect an Irresponsible Man,
I have had others ask me, "How in the world can anyone respect an irresponsible man? Why would anyone want to?"

Contrary to popular belief, respect does NOT have to be earned. Because of my faith as a Christian, I believe I (and my fellow Christians) must remember that mankind is created in the image of God. When we cannot find behavior worthy of respect in our politicians, mates, children, co-workers, employers, etc., we must be respectful based on the reality that of all the life forms God created, mankind is the only one in which God chose to imbed His image. This alone makes ALL humanity worthy of respect.

For the next four weeks, I'm going to talk about irresponsibility and how respecting irresponsible people is the best response we can have. Chime in and let me know your thoughts.

No comments: