Welcome to my blogspot!

This blog is the virtual space where I share the thoughts and insights I receive when I'm talking with or listening to God, meditating on His Word, or simply admiring His creation. My hope is to encourage, challenge and inspire you to move toward a deeper relationship with the God of the bible.

A bonified people person, I can't help but invite you to share your heart's responses.

Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

When Desire Rises Up

As we sat around the table, multiple conversations going at once, I couldn't help but hear a couple of the ladies talking about the decisions they made to eliminate red meat and pork from their diets. When the conversation came to me my personal truth came out.

"When it comes to that topic, I only know two things. 1) When I smell bacon fryin' desire rises up! 2) When I smell steak grillin' desire rises up!" The room bursted into laughter as various ones chimed in that they could identify with me. I must confess that at the time I was simply being honest.
But since then, the Holy Spirit has challenged me to examine how often I allow my desires to dictate my choices.

As I examine the implications of allowing desire to simply rise up, I am challenged to accept that there are times when unchecked desire is no laughing matter. How do you handle unchecked desire? Share your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean...it doesn't have to be meat grilling or the smell of cooking sweets in the oven. My weakness is vegging out in front of the T.V. I had to learn to that even though the show I was watching was teaching me things every Homemaker should know as I looked around the laundry was unfolded, the floor needed cleaning and the dishes needed washing. Needless to say I had to turn off Food Network get to cleaning and taking care of things I previously learned as a child. Sometimes it's easy to sit around and use my "lack of knowledge" as the excuse but deep down we all know the Lord is pleased with productivity so we have to get up and keep moving!